Here you can find out what's going on in the Club at the moment. You can learn about the latest events, decisions and meetings.
News are also available through RSS channel.
- 26 July 2017Iga Rygielska
- 24 July 2017Iga Rygielska
- 19 July 2017Iga RygielskaLidia Lappo, Iga Rygielska and Filip Kucharski went to Hvezdarnia in Upice to visit Astronomicka Expedice and to invite our Czech friends to visit on of Almukantarat's camps next year. You can read more about the camp in Hvezdarnia on their official page.
- 3 June 2017Iga Rygielska
- 7 April 2017Iga Rygielska
- 4 April 2017Iga Rygielska
- 20 February 2017Iga Rygielska
- 28 October 2016Iga RygielskaWe decided to honor Grzegorz Wardziński, Krzysztof Roszkowski and Marcin Marszałek and grand them the status of Honorary Member. Thank you for your engagement and we hope that your attitude will be a great example for next generations.
- 23 October 2016Iga Rygielska
- 20 October 2016Iga Rygielska
- 30 August 2016Iga Rygielska
- 30 May 2016Iga Rygielska
- 12 May 2016Iga Rygielska
- 6 March 2016Iga RygielskaOur participants took 4 first places of LIX Polish Astronomy Olympiad! We are very proud of Zofia Kaczmarek, Mateusz Bronikowski, Michał Wójcik and Cyryl Waśkiewicz! Katarzyna Mikulska, Lidia Lappo, Dawid Borys and Jacek Gębala, who are also participants of our camps, are finalists of the Olympiad. Congratulations!
- 23 February 2016Iga Rygielska
- 10 February 2016Iga Rygielska
- 25 November 2015Iga Rygielska
- 22 October 2015Anna Kapuścińska
- 19 October 2015Anna Kapuścińska
- 8 October 2015Anna Kapuścińska
- 23 August 2015Anna Kapuścińska
- 6 June 2015Anna Kapuścińska
- 25 May 2015Anna KapuścińskaThe next session of the Club Council is planned for June 6th in Warsaw.
- 19 May 2015Anna KapuścińskaRecruitment for camp for high school students (age-groups 2013 and 2014) has started. The meeting will take place on August, 2nd–16th in Załęcze Wielkie. Details are available on the camp's site.
- 3 May 2015Anna KapuścińskaRecruitment for camp for junior high graduates has started! If you are interested, check the camp's site.
- 30 April 2015Anna KapuścińskaAlmukantarat Astronomy Club will take part in the 19th Science Picnic of Polish Radio and the Copernicus Science Centre, which will take place on May 9th at National Stadium in Warsaw. We will be present at stand E12, where we will show many astronomical instruments (modern and historical) as well as various interactive experiments. The entrance is free, so feel invited!
- 22 April 2015Anna KapuścińskaSpring seminar for 2013 and 2014 age-groups will take place on May 15th–18th in „Orle” Touristic Station, in Izera Mountains. The station is located in Izera Dark-Sky Park and it holds an astronomical laboratory, so if the weather allows, some lessons on astrophotography will be lead. Participation in Astronomical Day in Czech Jizerka will be another seminar's atraction. Traditionally, each participant is supposed to give a short talk. The topic of talks will be „Nice, warm and shiny or about stars”. Deadline for registration is April 30th, more information is available on the seminar's site.
- 19 April 2015Anna KapuścińskaParticipants from 2012 age-group are invited to Spring Staff Workshops. The meeting will take place in Warsaw, between May 29th and June 1st. Its main goal is to prepare you to be good staff and participate in Club's activities, so it will be a little different from normal seminars. More information is available on workshops' site.
- 15 March 2015Anna KapuścińskaIn the last week of February Winter Science Workshops in Szamotuły were organized. 28 high school students took part in the meeting. Each of them had a talk on choosen topic, connected with the Workshops' theme – „Astronautics”. In the schedule there were also staff' lectures, as well as less scientific activities – a tour around the local area, a trip to Poznań and a „miss of the universe” contest.
- 11 March 2015Anna KapuścińskaDates of this year's summer camps are already known. Camp for junior high graduates will take place between July 19th and August 1st. High school students (2013 and 2014 age-groups) are invited to a meeting between 2nd and 15th of August. Both camps will take place in „Nadwarciański Gród” Center in Załęcze Wielkie near Wieluń. Information about recruitment will be available on this site.
- 30 January 2015Anna KapuścińskaWe invite 2012, 2013 and 2014 age-groups members to Winter Science Workshops, organized by Karolina Suszyńska and Alicja Kida. The meeting will take place between 21st and 28th of February in Szamotuły. The topic of talks will be „Astronautics”, more details are available on workshops' site.
- 26 November 2014Daniel PęcakThe next session of the Club Council is planned for December 6th in Warsaw.
- 25 May 2014Daniel PęcakThe next session of the Club Council is planned for June 1st in Cracow.
- 15 May 2014Daniel PęcakOn 9-12 May Spring Seminar took place in Chorzów. Meeting was organised in Silesian Planetarium for younger participants and the topic of talks was "Astronomical and astrophysical observations". Ahead of us is a Spring Seminar in Jelenia Góra for high school graduates, organised by Tomasz Dłubis. Topic of the meeting is "Techniques and development of research in astronomy". Details will be available on the website as well.
- 22 February 2014Daniel PęcakDates of summer camps are already known! Camp for this year's junior high graduates will take place on August 10th-24th in "Nadwarciański Gród" Center in Załęcze Wielkie. Older participants (2011 and 2012 age-group) are invited to a camp in Rączki in "Biały Brzeg" Center between 27th of July and 9th of August. Recruitment will start soon. Details will be available on the website as well.
- 15 January 2014Daniel PęcakWinter Science Workshops for 2012 and 2013 age-groups will take place between 15th and 22th of February, 2014 in Żnin. More information on the meeting's website. Older age-groups are invited to Winter Staff Workshops which will be held between 3rd and 9th of February, 2014 in Poznań. Details will be available on the website as well.
Oldest news (from years 2008–2013) can be found in the archive.